Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amazing Drug...

store find.  ;)

I am a sucker for red lipsticks.  I love wearing red lipstick myself.  I love it on others.  I also seem to feel the need to buy every red lipstick made for my kit.

I rarely use drugstore lipsticks for one main reason.  I can't test the color and staying power on my hand. (Please when you are testing lipsticks, never actually apply the lipstick to your mouth.  You have no idea who has tried it before and what illnesses, infections they have.  You could end up with some serious nastiness going on in your mouth or worse  EEK.)

But I found a display of Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipsticks at Ulta.  The sleek packaging and color teasing me at the bottom of the tube was something I just couldn't resist for $6.59.

On a recent shoot, the styling director had requested red lips for a shot, so I brought out the Cover Girl and applied it to one of my favorite models.  To my surprise, it glided on smoothly, was extremely pigmented and looked beautiful on.  I worked with the same model, Sarah Ruba, the next day and she said she had a hard time getting the red off.  So I know it has some serious staying power.


I think I might just have to stock up on some more of these Cover Girl lipsticks.  Since it is a good idea to throw out lipsticks after a year, maybe two, I have even more of an excuse to go shopping.  :)

Also, check out Sarah and her husband's band, New Look

No comments:

Post a Comment